Hotel Victoria Mews
Description Mr. O'Donnell, an Irishman, built the hotel in 1849, trading as an Inn, Canteen and Boarding house. In 1860 Archibald Lappan took over the Hotel; in 1901 the new owner (still unknown) renamed it "Victoria Hotel". The Hotel is situated in 8 New Street, Grahamstown. The current owners, have had the Hotel since 1991. "The Vic", as it was called before - was for many years - THE most popular Student Party Spot in Grahamstown. The bedrooms were at that time, used as Student Accommodation. It was changed back into a fully fledged Hotel in 1998. Since then we have re-decorated and upgraded the 15 units/rooms which can accommodate up to 27 guests a night. Breakfast is served at Gino's Italian Restaurant between 7h00 - 9h00 o'clock Weekdays and Weekends. Walk-ins are also welcome to come and enjoy what we have to offer on our Breakfast Menu. All our rooms are en-suite, offers coffee/tea making facility, television and telephone. The rooms are fully serviced everyday with fresh towels and guest amenities. We also have a lovely swimming pool, which our residents use on a regular basis which is situated in a luscious garden, the perfect environment to cool off, on the hot days that is so known to Grahamstown. The Hotel also offers Conference facilities and catering for weddings and private parties. We can do ANY menu from A-la-carte, Finger Snacks, 3 to 5 course meals, Braais, Spitbraai's Etc. Location/Address/Phone No./Fax No.
GPS Coordinates Decimal
Deg Min & Sec
Deg & Decimal Min Latitude
S 33° 18' 33.84" -33° 18.564' Longitude
E 26° 31' 30" 26° 31.5'
Address 8 New Street Grahamstown 6140 Eastern Cape South Africa Phone No. No phone number available Fax No. No fax number available Local Weather Map
Nearby Places Hover your mouse over each of the Plaks listed above to see its location on the map. Hover your mouse over the icons to see an image.
Comment on Hotel Victoria Mews
If this block remains grey, it means that no Street View information is available.
Kruger Park - Shimuwini ( Website)
Shimuwini is a Shangaan word for "Place of the Baobab Tree". The camp is so named because the nearby Letaba River which fronts the cottages, is lined with these huge trees, one of them estimated to be between 2 000 and 3 000 years old. Shimuwini Bushveld Camp is the most modern of the bushveld camps, being completely rebuilt after the floods in 2000.
Giving geographical context to places of interest in South Africa